Rootstown Township Zoning Department
3988 State Route 44, Rootstown, OH 44272
Mark Tirpak, Zoning Inspector
Jordan Michael, Asst. Zoning Inspector
ZONING OFFICE HOURS: Monday - Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
Closed 12-1pm for lunch // Also available by appointment
Our drop box is available to drop off paperwork on the side of the building, next to the stairwell.
Township accepts cash or checks only.
Rootstown Township requires a zoning permit for any of the following:
New construction Addition Demolition Agricultural Building
Carport Outdoor furnace Solar panels Wind generator
New or relocating business Home occupation Sign
The Rootstown Zoning Department is committed to build a positive partnership with the citizens of Rootstown or anyone who may be seeking to move into or invest in our community. Our lines of communication are always open. Please feel free to stop by the Zoning Office located in the lower level of the Town Hall, call us at 330-325-9341 or .
Zoning Regulations, Maps, Permit Fees
- Rootstown Township's Zoning Resolutions
- Rootstown Township Zoning Map
- Comprehensive Land Use Plan
- Zoning Fee Schedule
Zoning Permit ApplicationsFor residential permits, no application form is needed unless you are requesting a variance or claiming an agricultural use. For all permits, we require a plot plan with the measurements of what is being built. See the next section for sample diagrams.
- Final Development Application
- Agricultural Use Application
- Zoning Variance Application
- Zoning Conditional Use Permit Application
- Zoning Amendment Application
- Home Occupation Application
- Change of Non-Conforming Use
Sample Site Plan Diagrams
Report A Zoning Issue
The Township requires a signed Zoning Enforcement Request form in order to investigate a potential zoning violation. If you are not sure which department to direct your complaint to, please contact us and we will assist you.
- Zoning Complaint Form
- Report Illegal Dumping / Junk / Debris
- Rootstown Township's Nuisance Resolution
- Rootstown Township's Dog Resolution
Note: any dog-related complaints should be directed to the Portage County Sheriff Dept. or the Portage County Dog Warden.