Portage County Traffic Advisory
ODOT Contact: District 4 Communications
Phone: (330) 786-2208
State Route 44 in Rootstown Township
(Monday, July 22 - until further notice)
Beginning Monday, July 22, SR 44 at Tallmadge Rd. will have various daily lane restrictions for widening work. This $600,000 widening project on SR 44 at Tallmadge Rd. is scheduled to be completed by early September 2019.
The regular meeting of the ROOTSTOWN ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS for Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 7:00 P.M. will be held at Rootstown Town Hall, 3988 State Route 44, Rootstown OH.
On the agenda:
- An application for a variance from Section 310.04 D to live in current residence until new house is complete, on property located at 2948 State Route 44 in an R-1 district, submitted by:
Roger & Theresa Scott
2948 State Route 44
Rootstown, OH 44272
- An application for a variance from Section 310.05 D1 and Section 450.02 B for an addition that exceeds the 272 square foot limit for the non-conforming house and less than 70 feet from the road right-of-way, on property located at 2580 Tallmadge Road in an R-1 district, submitted by:
11221 Loris Avenue
Aurora, OH 44202
- An application for a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for a roof-mounted solar array, on property located at 5255 Wilkes Road in an R-1 district, submitted by:
5255 Wilkes Road
Atwater, OH 44201
- An application for a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for upholstery work, electrical and mechanical on autos, boats and motorcycles, on property located at 4838 South Prospect Street in a C-2 district, submitted by:
6232 Cox Ave. Unit 3
Ravenna, OH 44266
- An application for a variance from Section 420.04 D and 420.07 for sign area and height, to install one freestanding sign along I-76, on property located at 4676 Lynn Road in a C-2 district, submitted by:
Lou Belknap / Agile Sign & Lighting
35280 Lakeland Blvd.
Eastlake, OH 44095
Jordan Michael, Zoning Board of Appeals Secretary
By Order of the ROOTSTOWN ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
A book exchange box has been installed in the community park by the Swinehart pavilion. Anyone with books to donate is encouraged to do so to help fill the box with books.
Welcome to Rootstown Township's Web Site
Rootstown Township was founded in 1802 and is located in Portage County. Rootstown provides a mixture of living environments, shopping and restaurants while still maintaining its small town character. It is also home to the Northeast Ohio Medical University. With easy access off I76, it is a desirable place for its residents to live and work.
We hope you visit our website often to keep informed of activities and notices listed above that affect the residents of Rootstown. We always welcome your comments and suggestions to make this website useful and informative to all the residents of Rootstown.