Saturday May 4th
8:00 am to 12:00 pm
At the old recycling drop off (by the railroad tracks on New Milford)
- A strict limit of 10 tires per vehicle will be accepted at the collection event. The Ohio EPA requires a "Tire Manifest" for anyone transporting more than 10 tires per load. Transporting more than 10 tires without appropriate documentation is a felony. This requirement is per the Ohio Revised Code 3734.83 (D).
- Passenger tires with rims will be accepted.
- Tractor tires, with rims, will be accepted.
- Cut (sheared) tires will not be accepted.
- Tires that are muddy or filled with dirt will not be accepted.
- Semi tires cannot be accepted.
- We cannot accept heavy equipment tires or treads from mini excavators
- We cannot not accept chunks of rubber.
- We cannot accept inner tubes.
- Tires will not be accepted from commercial businesses.
- Portage County ID required.
Welcome to Rootstown Township's Web Site
Rootstown Township was founded in 1802 and is located in Portage County. Rootstown provides a mixture of living environments, shopping and restaurants while still maintaining its small town character. It is also home to the Northeast Ohio Medical University. With easy access off I76, it is a desirable place for its residents to live and work.
We hope you visit our website often to keep informed of activities and notices listed above that affect the residents of Rootstown. We always welcome your comments and suggestions to make this website useful and informative to all the residents of Rootstown.